Thursday 5 November 2015

A moan… because sometimes you just need one

This is basically going to be a moan… A moan about time or lack thereof. 

I work full time because I have to support myself and I study part time because I want to change my career. I have no children and I live alone. In theory there should be no major problems with my time 
needs. In practice however things look completely different.

First of all for some unknown reason I think that I can do a lot more with my spare time than the reality allows. In my head I come home, cook dinner, clean up, study, read a book, scrapbook, blog, paint my nails and go to bed at 10pm to have a full night’s sleep. Obviously none of this happens. I make beans on toast, leave dirty dishes in the sink, stare at my computer for 2 hours feeling guilty that I am not studying, play candy crash saga, take a shower and crawl into bed absolutely exhausted.

Is it a problem with motivation? Or maybe bad planning? I’m not supposed to overwhelm myself with a load of tasks because that’s the reason nothing gets done. BUT if I do have 10 minutes of spare time I feel guilty of not doing anything productive! My brain is fucked up! It tells me I’ve got too much going on and yet it doesn’t allow me to chill out.
I am currently trying to stay on top of the studies and failing because module only just started and I am already behind. I am obviously not blogging although I come up with great topics to blog about while in the shower. Books to read (for pleasure) ale piled up gathering dust, travel albums are waiting to be worked on/finished off.

Don’t even get me started on December… I have a forever growing list of things to book/sort out! Holiday (mini break in Fuerteventura, my own bloody idea off course!), my 30th Birthday weekend away in Bath for 10 (my idea and everything has to be the way I like it to I’m sorting it out) and my brother is coming over from Poland with his wife and my nephew for Christmas so we’re going London for couple of days (guess who’s idea was that!?). Did I mention that it’s one of my friend’s birthday in December? And that there’s work’s xmas party? And that I have an assignment due on the 10th? Ohhhh…. And I am a bridesmaid to my best friend so now I’ve got bridesmaidy duties like dress shopping and hen-do organising.

Are you bored yet? No? Well, I decided I need to apply for some volunteer jobs to start gaining experience in the environmental field… Because you know, I have plenty of time to spare…


I might have to tell my boyfriend and friends that I am not available until October 2016 although a new module will start then so maybe I should re-schedule seeing anybody until 2019 when I graduate… Or maybe… you who is reading this… Are you rich? If yes, have you got spare £1500 a month so I could quit my day job, live comfortably and do whatever I need (study) and want (holidays) to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment