Sunday 22 November 2015

C’mon brain, it’s time to study again!

I found it really hard to get back to studying this year. In fact, it was so hard that I didn’t actually study at all throughout October. In my defense, I did have a few health problems which made me feel exhausted and studying was the last think I wanted to do.

My previous module’s intensity level was very low. It allowed an extra week to write TMAs and there was no science as such in it. It was more of a journey though the world giving an overview of different environmental problems. The module was very enjoyable but it made me forget how intense and time consuming studying science actually is.
Back in June I’ve submitted my last TMA which was an examinable component and school was out for summer, for three and a half months to be exact.
This blissful study coma tricked me into thinking that I can just slowly get back into studying again and that catching up won’t be much of a problem. Well, it is a problem. SXF206 is intense and apparently I’m expected to already know AND remember certain things?? Errrrr well… maybe I do know something but not without refreshing my memory which obviously makes studying longer than anticipated.

Catching up really is not easy, it not only requires a lot more time put into the studies (the standard is already set high at 14 hours per week) but it has definitely also put extra stress and pressure on me.
Lesson to be learnt? It’s simple. I need to stay on top of things, make sure I am following the study planner and maybe even try to get ahead if possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment