Wednesday 14 January 2015

Tenerife mini scrapbook album


Memories are a funny thing. I think they are all there, everything recorded but no, they fade away and so many lovely moments get forgotten.

That’s a bit of a deep introduction…

In the last few years I have become a ‘memory hoarder’. I keep every little thing that will remind me of nice moments spent with my family and friends. I collect fridge magnets from places I go to, I keep tickets, receipts, post cards and even bring a little bag of sand from the holiday beach. I believe that pictures alone won’t tell the story and sometimes just won’t capture those precious moments. Plus I am not the kind of person that takes pictures of absolutely everything. I hardly ever would take a picture of my meal in a restaurant and when I see a good view, I just take a deep breath and enjoy it, forgetting about the pictures.

Years are passing by and I forget those little things that made me laugh or smile. Those moments when I felt happy. I am now desperately trying to keep those memories somehow. So I started making mini scrapbook albums. The one I am showing you today is the first one I made. It wasn't as easy as it seemed at first! I found myself quickly running out of ideas, wasn’t sure what size pictures to use, didn’t know what colour scheme to go for and all I had to work with were scrapbooking papers. But I am quite pleased with how it came out, I have already learnt from it and know what mistakes not to make next time. I know I will want to make these while the memories are still fresh and add more journaling cards. My aim is to look at these albums few years from now and say 'Oh! I forgot this happend, this was such a funny moment, we had a blast'. You hear what I'm saying? 

Below are my favourite pages from my first mini scrapbooking album.





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment