Sunday 3 May 2015

Everyday life planning – what planner will work for you?


This may seem like a simple choice but once you start researching, with a massive choice of planners out there you will get overwhelmed. It’s best to do some research first to see what planner will work for you. However you won’t really know what work best for you until you try it. Don’t get discouraged, we are all different and we have different lives with different priorities so what works for me might be simply rubbish for you.

I found few links to different planner videos and websites for you to have a look at:






When choosing your planner, an important thing to consider is size because it does matter ;). Questions you need to ask yourself are:

·         Do you want to carry your planner around with you? If yes, choose a smaller personal size, if not then you can go A5 or bigger

·         What will you be using your planner for? If it’s only for one or two categories e.g uni and blogging then you probably won’t need much space. If you want to cram your whole life in there then you will probably need a bigger one

·         Are you a person that likes to jot details down, have your whole week planned out to every detail or are you happy with main appointments, assignment due dates, business trips or child play dates?

·         You might need both! Small one with main appointments and important dates to carry with you (small diary will probably be sufficient there) and a bigger planner to keep at home with all of the details, breakdowns, preparations etc.

Now onto inserts:

·         Will you be happy with generic planner insert or will you want to personalise your planner?

·         How much writing space will you need? There is loads of choices; month, week or day per page.

·         Are you a person that needs things categorised or happy to have everything randomly jotted around the page?

I realise that it may seem like these questions are a bit excessive for choosing a simple planner. But you will understand this once you watch the videos I posted. There is just so much choice out there and it’s all designed to motivate productivity and good organisation.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there ^__^

    Just had to comment, I'm going to start at the Open University in October and I'll be using the Filofax Clipbook, it's a bit cooler and easy to carry than a normal Filofax and it's a lot thinner so easier to carry about :)

    I wondered if you had seen them: http://www.filofax.co.uk/brand/clipbook

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there ^__^

    Just had to comment, I'm going to start at the Open University in October and I'll be using the Filofax Clipbook, it's a bit cooler and easy to carry than a normal Filofax and it's a lot thinner so easier to carry about :)

    I wondered if you had seen them: http://www.filofax.co.uk/brand/clipbook

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie!

      Thank you for your comments! It only took me 2 months to reply! I'm a nightmare!

      I haven't seen those but they definitely look easier to carry around. My A5 filofax (well, Paperchase version) is very bulky and heavy, I never carry it with me. I have since bought a tiny Traveler's notebook and carry that with me, although it's a bit annoying to have to enter the infromation into two planners.

      Sylwia :)

      Delete