Wednesday 8 April 2015

Everyday life planning – introduction


I am a person that needs planning to stay sane. I also like to write things down on paper. My head is usually full of ideas, things I need to remember to do, random thoughts. It constantly works on full speed. This becomes a problem when I don’t write things down. I randomly remember that it’s someone’s birthday in two weeks’ time and then forget about it the next day. Then I remember about it one day before and panic that I haven’t got time to make/buy them something. It caused me a lot of stress and sleepless nights with added guilt and feeling of failure when I forgot things or wasn’t prepared for things.

Writing things down on paper helped me to free my mind and organise my life. We are all different but I know that there is a lot of people out there stressing about things, forgetting things and running around like headless chickens trying to do everything last minute. I was one of those people and yes, it’s impossible to fully get rid of that attitude if you’re naturally little bit ‘all over the place’. But I guarantee you that planning and organising your life with a simple planner will save you time, stop the stress and will help you sleep better. Also simple ticking the tasks give a sense of achievement and makes me feel that I have been productive and succeeded in managing my time.

There is a lot of different planners and organisers out there and a bit of research will help you pick one that will suit your life style. It took me few months to work out my ‘perfect’ planning routine. In fact I still adjust it as I find out how/when I am most productive. Don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t work out the first time, try different approach, different planner.

If I was to keep going with this post it would turn out extremely long. So I decided to split it into a few posts and make a little planning series out of it. I will share my planner with you, post links to planning videos and ideas and explain what works and doesn’t work for me. Don’t forget that this planning series will apply to anything from work, uni to personal and family life planning. These categories can be separated or combined all in one. As for me, I like to have everything in one place to see an overview of my week/month/year.

No comments:

Post a Comment