Wednesday 25 February 2015

Handmade gift for my best friend – a watercolour sunflower painting and a mini album

One of my bestest friends lives far away, back where I come from – Poland. Me and Marta have been friends for about thirteen years now. For ten years we have lived in different countries, about 1600 km away from each other. Our friendship is still strong, even though we only talk to each other once a month and see each other once a year.

It was Marta’s 30th birthday back in January. I wanted to give her something special, something that will show her how much I value our friendship. I thought there is no other way than handmade.

Sunflowers are her favourite flowers so I decided to paint a sunflower with my watercolours. I’m definitely not an artist but I think it came out quite good. I really enjoyed painting it, I will definitely try and find some watercolour painting courses so I could learn some techniques.

I felt like the painting was not enough. I found some pictures of us from good old high school days and made a ‘journey through our friendship’ mini album. Apparently none existent eyebrows were ‘it’ back in 2008. There is few more embarrassing pictures in there, looking through them brought back lots of great memories.

What do you think about handmade gifts? Would you like to receive a gift like this from a close friend?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment